I have broad research experiences in 1) experimental research (e.g. neurosciences and behavioral pharmacology), 2) clinical research (e.g. interventional and observation studies using real-world databases), and 3) health policy science mainly focusing on Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues (ELSI). In the Uehiro Research Division for iPS Cell Ethics, I plan to conduct empirical research focused on applied ethical issues related to iPS cell technologies and regenerative medicine.
2011 BS, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka
2013 MS, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka
2016 PhD (early completion), Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences,
University of Shizuoka
2016 Program-Specific Assistant Professor,
Center for the Promotion of Interdisciplinary Education and Research,
and Graduate School of Medicine and Public Health, Kyoto University
2019 Fellow, Researcher; Center for the Promotion of Interdisciplinary
Education and Research, Kyoto University
2020 Program-Specific Assistant Professor,
Uehiro Research Division for iPS Cell of Ethics Center
for iPS Cell Research and Application (CiRA), Kyoto University
Selected from 87 published articles
- Tomitaka S, Kawasaki Y, Ide K, Akutagawa M, Ono Y, Furukawa TA. Age-related changes in item responses to the Patient Health Questionnaire-9: Evidence from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Front Psychiatry. 2020, in press
- Honjo Y, Ide K, Takechi H. Use of day services improved cognitive function in patients with Alzheimer’s disease. Psychogeriatrics. 2020, in press.
- Aoki Y, Kawasaki Y, Ide K, Shimizu Y, Sato S, Yokoyama J. Landiolol hydrochloride for prevention of atrial fibrillation during esophagectomy: A randomized controlled trial. JA Clin Rep. 2020; 6: 34 (9 pp).
- Nagai K, Ide K, Kawasaki Y, Tanaka-Mizuno S, Seto K, Iwane S, Eguchi Y, Kawakami K. Estimating the cost-effectiveness of screening for hepatitis C virus infection in Japan. Hepatology Res. 2020; 50: 542-556.
- Ide K, Yoshida S, Kimura T, Oita Y, Kawakami K. The general understanding and perceptions of the practical use of school health records: A questionnaire survey of parents from seven local municipalities in Japan. School Health. 2020; 16: 33-42.
- Joo WJ, Ide K, Nishiyama K, Seki T, Tanaka H, Tsuchiya J, Ito N, Yoshida K, Kawakami K. Prediction of the neurological outcome using regional cerebral oxygen saturation in patients with extracorporeal cardiopulmonary resuscitation after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: A multicenter retrospective cohort study. Acute Med Surg. 2020; 7: e491 (7 pp).
- Honjo Y, Ide K, Takechi H. Medical interventions suppressed progression of advanced Alzheimer’s disease more than mild Alzheimer’s disease. Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2020; 20: 324-328.
- Nagai K, Matsubayashi K, Ide K, Seto K, Kawasaki Y, Kawakami K. Factors influencing placebo responses in rheumatoid arthritis clinical trials: a meta-analysis of randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies. Clin Drug Invest. 2020; 40: 197-209.
- Nakashima M, Ide K, Kawakami K. Laparoscopic versus open repair for inguinal hernia in children: a retrospective cohort study. Surg Today. 2019; 49: 1044-1050.
- Peter Brown, RELISH Consortium, Yaoqi Zhou. Large expert-curated database for benchmarking document similarity detection in biomedical literature search. Database. 2019; 2019: baz085 (66 pages). (contributed as a RELISH Consortium member)
- Yonekura H, Ide K, Kanazawa Y, Takeda C, Nakamori Y, Matsunari Y, Sakai M, Kawakami K, Kamei M. Use of preoperative haemostasis and ABO blood typing tests in children: A retrospective observational study using a nationwide claims database in Japan. BMJ Open. 2019; 9(11): e032306 (8 pp).
- Aoki Y, Ide K, Nakajima F, Kawasaki Y, Fujita Y, Morimoto E, Yokoyama J. Esophagectomy surgical Apgar score may not be associated with postoperative morbidity. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019; 31(3): 574-580.
- Tomitaka S, Kawasaki Y, Ide K, Akutagawa M, Ono Y, Furukawa T. Distribution of psychological distress is stable in recent decades and follows an exponential pattern in the US population. Sci Rep. 2019; 9: 11982 (10 pp).
- Nakashima M, Ide K, Kawakami K. Comparison of standard initial dose and reduced initial dose regorafenib for colorectal cancer patients: A retrospective cohort study. Target Oncol. 2019; 14(3): 295-306.
- Kawasoe S, Ide K, Usui T, Kubozono T, Yoshifuku S, Miyahara H, Maenohara S, Ohishi M, Kawakami K. Distribution and characteristics of hypouricemia within the Japanese general population: A cross-sectional study. Medicina. 2019; 55: 61 (14 pp).
- Joo WJ, Ide K, Kawasaki Y, Takeda C, Seki T, Usui T, Kawakami K. Effectiveness and safety of early enteral nutrition for patients who received targeted temperature management after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. 2019; 135: 191-196.
- Yonekura H, Ide K, Onishi Y, Nahara I, Takeda C, Kawakami K. Preoperative echocardiography for patients with hip fractures undergoing surgery: A retrospective cohort study using a nationwide database. Anesth Analg. 2019; 128(2): 213-220.
- Ide K, Takeuchi M, Seki T, Kawakami K. Effect of regular exercise and functional beverages on changes in body weight and waist circumference in healthy Japanese subjects. Medicina (Kaunas). 2018; 54(4): 64 (10 pp).
- Ide K, Seto K, Usui T, Tanaka S, Kawakami K. Correlation between dental conditions and comorbidities in an elderly Japanese population: A cross-sectional study. Medicine. 2018; 97 (24): e11075 (5 pp).
- Ide K, Matsuoka N, Yamada H, Furushima D, Kawakami K. Effects of tea catechins on Alzheimer’s disease: Recent updates and perspectives. Molecules. 2018; 23(9): 2357 (13 pp).
- Ide K, Matsuoka N, Kawakami K. Is the use of proton-pump inhibitors a risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease? Molecular mechanisms and clinical implications. Curr Med Chem. 2018; 25(18): 2166-2174.
- Ide K, Yonekura H, Kawasaki Y, Kawakami K. Influence of institution-based factors on preoperative blood testing prior to low-risk surgery: a Bayesian generalized linear mixed approach. Comput Math Methods Med. 2017; 2017: 3624075 (6 pp).
- Ide K, Yoshida S, Oita Y, Kawakami K. Awareness and understanding of the practical use and application of school health records: A survey of parents. Jpn J Sch Health. 2017, in press. [In Japanese]
- Ide K, Kawasaki Y, Iketani R, Masaki N. Risk factors for treatment discontinuation caused by adverse events when using telaprevir, peginterferon, and ribavirin to treat chronic hepatitis C: A real-world retrospective cohort study. Biol Pharm Bull. 2017; 40 (5): 645-649.
- Ide K, Kawasaki Y, Akutagawa M, Yamada H. Effects of green tea gargling on the prevention of influenza infection: An analysis using Bayesian approaches. J Altern Complement Med. 2017; 23 (2): 116-120.
- Ide K, Yamada H, Kawasaki Y, Yamanaka M, Kawakami N, Katsuyama Y, Yoshida H, Kim K, Shiosaki E, Sonoda A, Umegaki K, Harada K. Peripheral vitamin C levels in Alzheimer’s disease: A cross-sectional study. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2016; 62 (6): 432-436.
- Ide K, Sato I, Imai T, Hawke P, Yamada H, Kawasaki Y, Masaki N. Comparison of the safety profiles of pegylated interferon α-2a and α-2b administered in combination with ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C infection: A real-world retrospective cohort study. Biol Pharm Bull. 2016; 39 (12): 2060-2065.
- Ide K, Yamada H, Takuma N, Kawasaki Y, Morohoshi H, Takenaka A, Kaihatsu K. Effects of catechin-treated masks on the prevention of influenza infection: an exploratory randomized study. Jpn J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2016; 47 (6): 229-234.
Books (Chapters & Translation)
- Translation supervised by Ide K, Kokan A; Supervised by Urushihara N, Tanaka S, Kawakami K. Textbook of Pharmacoepidemiology (Japanese Edition). Tokyo: NANZANDO, 2019. [In Japanese]
- Ide K, Kawasaki Y, Kawakami K, Yamada H. Effects of bioactive components of green tea on Alzheimer’s disease. In. Atta-ur-Rahman, eds. Studies in Natural Products Chemistry (vol. 56). St. Louis, Mo.: Elsevier, 2018, 151-172.
- Ide K, Yamada H. [16. Epilepsy]. In. Fujimura A, Goto N, eds. [Expert Tips for Medication Usage and Evidence Search], Tokyo: Jiho 2017: 142 (334)-154 (346). [In Japanese]
- Ide K. [Analysis of variance (ANOVA) and Multiple comparisons]. In: Yamada H, Isono S, Watanabe H eds. [Textbook of Biostatistics and Clinical Research]. Tokyo: Medical Publications 2015: 88-99. [In Japanese]
Detailed research activities (personal website):
Works as peer-reviewer (Publons’ database, Web of Science):